Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Be STILL my SILVER Loving Heart

This week I am having a lot of fun and many frivolous moment with Silver Leaf and the many ways to adhere it to your projects... enter X-Press It Adhesives….


I started this little mixed media with Hazel and Ruby Grey Polka Tissue Paper, adhered to the X-Press It Canvas with TripleTac.  A mixture of Texture Paste and Paint is then strategically placed using plastic stencils:



I LOVE Silver Leaf, it really adds an authentic wash of silver to our little patches of creativity and X-Press It Adhesives are the perfect way to mix up the application of this great product:

Let drops of Clear Gel Glue semi-dry, and brush Silver Leaf across their surface, for little raised bumped of silver loveliness:




Strips of Silver Leaf are added to the skirt pieces with X-Press It 3mm Double Sided Tape, the tape takes a bold impression of the Silver Leaf, a totally different finish to that achieved with the Clear Gel Glue:

The dress form on this piece has an extra little piece of Hazel & Ruby Tissue Paper adhered with TripleTac Glue.  I added a touch of red paint to white Gesso to give the chipboard a bit of colour, prior to adhering the tissue atop, this gave the text on the tissue more definition as it would be muted if adhereing direct to grey chipboard:


I have also taken bolder statements of Silver Leaf to the background, this was achieved with X-Press It Double Sided Adhesive Sheets, cutting these makes for even application of the adhesive:



Silver is the best finishing touch, and it is made super easy to apply with X-Press It adhesives, use what you have in your stash and give this great product a go, you won't be disappointed with the pep it puts in your step!



Here are the X-Press It Products I used in today's project:
X-Press It TripleTac Glue
X-Press It Clear Gel Glue
X-Press It 3mm Double Sided Tape
X-Press It Canvas
Hazel and Ruby Grey Polka Dot and Text Tissue Paper
Chroma Texture Paste
Jo Sonja White Gesso
Atelier Paint
Silver Leaf




I am sure I will be finding little slivers of Silver Leaf around my house for some time to come, but that's half the fun of it all.... Enjoy!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Cool!!! What a fab canvas!! The silver makes an awesome impact! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I love the dress, wow, I want to make this. It's been a while since I played with silver leaf but this makes me want to drag mine out again. Your imagination and talent is to die for (well not really), but I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this sparked with you Edie, it was fun to make, and great to add my much loved SILVER to the mix, even if I am still finding bits of silver leaf in the most unusual places, love the stuff!

      Delete