Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Clear Gel Glue (and other ways you can use it)

Hi readers,
I’m on holidays and wishing I had packed more scrappy supplies than I did!
So this blog post is just a short insight
into some ideas of what you can use
X-Press It’s Clear Gel Glue for, apart from the obvious… gluing!!
The first thing I thought to try out was using the Clear Gel Glue
as a paste to run over a stencil.

IMG_5758

Placing my card under this FabScraps stencil
I smoothed some glue over the stencil with a palette knife.

IMG_5762

I then gently removed the stencil.

IMG_5763

Once dried the glue gives the card a two tone effect
and is a great background for a card or a scrap page.

The second idea was to use the glue to create an embellishment.
I was without my circle punch,
as you could use this idea on some pattern paper,
so I used these FabScraps stickers instead.

IMG_5769

I added a large coating of glue to the circle design

IMG_5773

Once dry it became like a clear dot and you could see the pattern underneath.

IMG_5772

Hope this quick post has inspired you to see X-Press It’s Clear Glue Gel
in a totally different light.
You can use a small amount to give a gloss finish to your work,
or a thicker coat to create something different and amazing.
Happy creating
Sharmaine

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment